Monday, April 6, 2015

Monday, April 6, 2015

Prologue:
Mondays have now become the best days. Mornings are for writing, afternoons are for dating, and the weather finally wants me to be awake and energized. I have a few precious hours to create and I am excited to be using them. As for life outside of Mondays, I am still bad at expressing frustration while also requesting that it not being taken too seriously. I feel like complaining is integral to getting rid of frustration and not dwelling. Complaining switches to scheming and manipulating and drawing lines in the sand. Why can't I just be annoyed and be through it? I can't stop myself from feeling frustrated/annoyed. I try to use friendship to relieve frustration so I don't pay it too much credence. Boo to all of it. I just want to write. 

Starting Word Count:
20,025

Ending Word Count:
21, 175

Time: 
1.75 hrs(including blogging)

Writing Scope:
  • Pete scene:
    • On the way to Val's place
    • Still playful
  • Maintenance scene:
    • Rife with tension, bursting with excitement, total human blunder

Life:
  • Run outside
  • Figure out dinner plans
  • Front yard garden

Optionals:
  • Listen to The Dinner

Current input:
  • Arguments between professionals in a cafe setting

Notes:
  • Pick a quieter setting
  • Not in love with the dialogue - feeling clunky - research dialogue exercises and maybe write Pete's character a little more clearly
  • Still not to the juicy scene that I really want to write - consider skipping ahead to stay motivated

No comments:

Post a Comment