Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Prologue:
Things are happening! Writing things. I feel a little guilty at not keeping up habits, like blogging before every writing session, but there are so many little moments when I scurry away to make notes or continue a scene. No need for excuses here, I know, but I still make them. I'm only taking the break to write this blog because the power has gone out, and I don't want to create anything new that won't be auto-saved. I guess I won't even be able to publish until I get wireless back. This week is an exciting one for me, because I truly believe I can wrap up another thousand words this week to break 30,000. I'm aiming for 50,000 now, since I'm controlling much more of the content. Then I'll need to find beta-readers and editors who can lend themselves to a quality product. And then I'm going to move this book, because I will have written a book worth reading. I swear I'm not being overly confident. I really thing it's worth reading. It's fun and flip and light, but still good enough writing that I can feel confident in asking people to spend money on it.

I'm writing all of the time now. New series ideas, character and content practice in a gaming community, and still the book continues. I have found something wonderful here.

Word count: 29,015

To do:

  • Misunderstanding fiasco fun times
  • Set up a real date (should be a blast - expand on a dynamic I've been dying to get back to)
Notes:
  • Consider working in the friend angle more (Novak)
  • Christmas party goings-on
  • Does this book end on New Years?
  • Increase output to 5,000 words per week to meet the goal (I can do this!) - try for 2,000 words a day
Input:
  • Storium
  • Rocket Boys 
  • Daredevil


No comments:

Post a Comment