Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Prologue:
Writing play-dates are a go. In addition to that, I have a partner writing session on Mondays. This has been amazing for me. I'm struggling with balancing my desire to write all of the time and my responsibilities and obligations outside of the written word. It's actually a really good struggle to have. In addition, my publishing ambitions have changed a bit. Initially I wanted to submit under a publishers title. Now I'm considering self-publishing an e-book. I'm leaning pretty heavily in that direction.

Word count: 26,165 (more than halfway!)

Status:

  • Beginning is still a bit clunky (long paragraphs)
  • Revisit initial encounter/consider simmering the scene a bit for easier consumption by larger audience
  • About to enter a scene from male character's point of view. Do some recon. Ask for help!
  • Pass around to beta-readers with new changes. Get a feeling for whether the action is organic/anticipated, but not too obvious.

Input:

  • The Dinner by Herman Koch (book club book)
  • Rocket Boys by Homer Hickam
  • Daredevil (Netflix)




No comments:

Post a Comment